Tilly and the Buttons
Learn to sew lingerie with this multi-style knickers pattern, created in collaboration with our favourite lingerie designer Evie La Lùve. Incredibly versatile, the waistline, leg and finishing options make a total of 36 combinations!
- Mix and match low, mid or high leg and waistline options
- Finish the waistline and leg openings with fold over elastic and/or narrow stretch lace
- A perfect project for scrap-busting your fabric stash
- Can be whipped up on a regular sewing machine
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginner
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34
Main fabric: Light- to medium-weight stretch knit fabric with 40-60% 4-way stretch and good recovery, such as jersey, scuba, stretch mesh, stretch velvet.
Crotch lining: Small piece of cotton jersey, bamboo jersey or similar fabric with natural fibre content.
- Main fabric – see left + below
- Crotch lining fabric – see left + below
- Narrow stretch lace* x 20-40mm (3/4-1 1/2in) wide AND/OR fold over elastic (FOE) x 15-20mm (5/8-3/4in) wide – see below
- All purpose polyester thread to match your fabric, lace and/or FOE
- Sewing machine with adjustable zigzag stitch, stretch needle and basic tools
- Optional: Overlocker (serger)
NB: Most stretch laces are suitable for all leg opening options and the low waist opening. If you want to use lace for the high and mid waist openings, make sure your lace has a similar stretch percentage to your main fabric (40-60%)