Tilly and the Buttons
Fill your wardrobe with classic Breton tops, cosy knit dresses and sixties-style funnel necks – all from the same pattern! Quick and easy to make, this iconic pattern is a perfect introduction to sewing with low stretch knit fabrics. Oh la la...
- Choice of chic boat neckline or funnel roll neck
- Optional patch pockets - because who doesn't love pockets?
- Three sleeve styles - full length, three-quarter length, with or without rolled cuffs
- Choice of top or dress length
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
SIZE RANGE - UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight knit fabric with very little stretch. Look out for interlock knit, double knit, ponte di roma, or feel the fabric to check it’s not too fine or stretchy.
- Fabric: - Dress with funnel neck + cuffs - 2.3m x 150cm wide (2 1/2 yards x 60in) OR 3m x 115cm wide (3 1/4 yards x 45in)
- Plain dress - 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Top with funnel neck + cuffs – 1.8m (2 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.7m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Plain top – 1.5m (1¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.2m (2½ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- Ribbon or stay tape - 30cm (12in) x 6-8mm (1/4in) wide
- Stretch or ballpoint needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine and basic tools (a rotary cutter and mat are useful)